Friday, July 24, 2015

Social Media Diet


Do you find yourself constantly getting whistled at
by Periscope, beeped by Facebook, tweeted at
by Twitter, and binged by Pinterest?




Seriously, there is only so much information and interactions via these sites that I can process effectively.  It's just becoming a time-waster and I don't have time for it. 
Here's my plan going forward for the rest of the summer (I naturally unplug during my B2Sch prep time):
  • Turn off all those noises on my phone.  I want to see if there's any notifications on my phone, but the noises are distracting and I ALWAYS take a look when I hear them
  • Don't even look at anything related to Social Media until after I get my morning tasks done
  • Schedule in a time allotment for Social Media skimming - LIMIT it to a set time - maybe it's 15 minutes in the AM, 10 minutes after lunch, and then 30 minutes in the evening.
  • DON'T LOOK at my phone unless I get a text message or phone call - I have such a reflex of checking it frequently.  Seriously, I'm not that important and what I'm saying on these sites is not that important!
  • Blog once/twice a week
  • Learn Like a Pirate Facebook posting as a facilitator - 30 minutes 2 times a week
  • Choose one day a week and go silent - NO social media - I'm thinking Sunday!
I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic, as well as your suggestions.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the challenge! I absolutely need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaelanne, the biggest help thus far is turning off all notifications and not keeping it on me or within reach! Self-control, ugh!

    ReplyDelete